Positive Quote: “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
This quote reminds me of the Narnia series. In the series there is a mouse named Reepicheep and to me he is the bravest animal outside of Aslan himself.
Courage can be seen in the tiny things (that have a not so tiny impact). Not everyone can save people from a burning building or rescue a person trapped in a car about to explode.
- It is seen in the person who sees someone being bullied and either tells someone or tries to help.
- It is seen in the person who fails a test in school, yet doesn’t give up and accept a poor grade overall… they work harder to improve.
- It is seen in the person who witnesses someone doing something wrong and tells someone about it.
- It is seen in the parent who gets on the roller coaster ride with their child to see their face light up.
- It is seen in the person who goes into a strange neighborhood in a different part of town to help someone rebuild their lives (Red Cross, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity).
- It is seen in your friend who tells you that you are not being nice and helps keep you accountable for your actions.
- It is seen in the stranger who notices you dropped something and gets your attention to give it to you.
- It is seen in your co-worker who hears you complaining about your workload and instead of commiserating with you, gives you advice to talk to your supervisor.
- It is seen in your spouse who sees you working up into a tizzy over something and they say something to get you more centered and calm.
- It is seen in the child going to school for the first time and they ask their parent to let them walk in on their own.
- It is seen in the parent who has a child learning how to drive and they not only let them get behind the wheel, they get in the car with them while they learn how to drive.
- It is seen in the person on the bus, who notices someone coming when the bus is starting to pull away and calls out to the bus driver to wait.
- It is seen in the person who works to make themselves a better them and is open minded to change.
As you can see…. there are so many ways to witness courage if we take the time to look around us. Those small acts of courage grow and blossom into something larger than themselves and then, then you can really see the change.
Where do you see courage?
Have a fabulous Friday and let’s all lift our voices for those small acts of courage.