Positive Quote: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
How true this quote is.
When I look back 20 years ago to the 20’something person that I was, I don’t have regrets per se. However, I do have things that I would have liked to have done.
I would have liked to have learned how to….
- Drive a stick shift
- Do the Texas two step (yes, I am from Texas and have not learned that)
- Play a musical instrument
- Write and read a foreign language
- Ride a bike (I never learned or been on one)
The good news is that when I look back, the things I would have liked to do are minor compared to the things I have accomplished in 20 years
- Had two children, who I could not imagine not having in my life
- Moved from California to Texas to North Carolina to Illinois (St. Louis area)
- A wonderful career I am proud of
- A fabulous family back in Texas
- Great friends who stand by me through thick and thin
- A cute dog, named Bryson who we rescued from a local shelter
- A spouse who is amazing, wonderful, and challenges me to grow and be a better me
- Let my inner geek come out; I’ve been to both ComicCon and DragonCon and would love to go to more
- A voice, I know I am special and important
- Helped others grow and been a positive influence
Looking at the two lists, the second brings a smile to my face. The first list, well, my priorities have changed over the years and while I would have liked to have learned them then, I don’t have a huge draw to learn them now. Well… maybe one or two. J
What does this quote make you think of or remember from the past?
I hope y’all have a tremendous Thursday.