Positive Quote: “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
I chose a quote today in honor of Robin Williams’ recent passing. I like this quote because it reminds me that the world can be changed by words, by one person, by things that we, at the time, may think are minor; yet they have a lasting, rippling effect and impact.
Looking back at my memories of Robin Williams….
• As Mork in Mork and Mindy, he made it ok to be different. Different didn’t always mean from another planet. We all have quirks and should be able to be inclusive of others regardless of their background or other things that make them unique.
• As Peter in Neverland he showed how it was to be courageous even in times of change and ambiguity. He also showed that we should step back from ourselves and think of others.
• As Daniel Hillard in Mrs. Doubtfire he helped me remember that as a parent we all make mistakes and once you are aware of them, you can focus on making things better and changing. Life is full of ups and downs, it is how you react to them that makes a world of difference.
• As the genie on Aladdin he brought to life that a person can dream big. He also showed how sometimes dreams are not always the best in light of reality. Keeping the faith and believing in yourself, while growing and learning as a person can lead to dreams becoming reality without the need of a genie.
• As John Keating in the Dead Poets Society he shows that just because something is published in a book does not mean it is always right. This kinda reminds me of the internet, just because something is posted online doesn’t make it true. He also showed that sometimes to gain a new perspective you have to go out of your comfort zone.
• As the radio DJ in Good Morning, Vietnam he reinforced that a person should be honest and act with integrity and speak their mind. He also showed that improving morale can have a lasting effect and make a big impact in times of stress and chaos.
As you can see, Robin Williams made an impact to me as a person, who knows how he has helped change the world and the people in it.
Have a terrific Tuesday.