Positive Quote: “I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge, you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center.” – Kurt Vonnegut
This quote seemed appropriate to me with it being the start of a new year….Happy 2015….each new year brings me to thinking about year’s past and what I did or did not do….my goal is to do more than I didn’t and to achieve more than I thought was possible. It’s kinda like a recap of my 2014 year, or a score card of sorts, I do love metrics.
On a personal front:
• In 2014, my husband and I traveled out of town 7 times, for pleasure
• In 2014, my daughter got her license, a part time job, and a bank account
• In 2014, I lost over 40 lbs.
• In 2014, we hosted a fabulous (if I say so myself) Halloween party
• In 2014, I put in over 80 hours of volunteer work
• In 2014, I continued to blog
• In 2014, I am on the SIUE Project Management Advisory Board and helped plan the 2014 Project Management Symposium which was a huge success with over 400 attendees
• In 2014, I celebrated my 2 year wedding anniversary with my marvelous, fantastic husband
• In 2014, I started mentoring a wonderful woman and feel the relationship is helping both of us grow
On the work front:
• I was a recipient of a Platinum award
• My team was able to expand out of the St. Louis market and into St. Paul for business continuity, albeit a small team, it is a team
• I am proud to be a member of a Diversity & Inclusion committee, a message near and dear to me
• I celebrated my 2 year anniversary with the bank
• I am deepening my understanding and knowledge of many topics
Goodness, there are a lot to list. This is good. I won’t list the things I did not get to do that I wanted to; however I know they are still foremost in my mind. 2015 may be the year those happen. My goal is to make 2015 an even better year.
Here is to living life on the edge and out of our comfort zone.
Have a fabulous Friday and happy 2015.