Positive Quote: “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
This quote has me wondering what I personally define success as….
• Is success work related only?
• How will I know that I am successful?
• Do I have goals in place that are measurable, actionable, and realistic?
• What about success in my personal life?
• What does that look like?
• Do I have goals there too?
• How often should I check my progress towards my goals?
For me, personally and professionally, I have goals…. I know in my mind what success looks like to me. This may be different than what success looks like for others.
For each of my goals, I know it will take a lot of work, none are super easy. If they were, would it really be success? Doesn’t success feel better knowing that you worked hard for it?
From a personal perspective, my husband and I have what we call summits, we touch base on where we are year to date, what the future looks like, and do some short and long term planning to ensure we are making the decisions we need to make to achieve our end goals. Yes, there are spreadsheets and agenda items…. You would have to know my husband and I to truly visualize…. Yet, it is fun, invigorating, and I leave each summit with a renewed sense of purpose and plans towards achieving our goals….
What do you think of this quote?
Have a tremendous Tuesday.