Positive Quote: “Between the great things we cannot do and the small things we will not do, the danger is that we shall do nothing.” – Adolph Monod
This quote helps me put things in perspective. At this point in my life, I am fairly confident I won’t be a future President of the United States, I know I won’t be the one to find a cure for cancer or heart disease, I won’t be an actress or a start musician or singer, I won’t help broker world peace, and I won’t solve all the ills in the world……
However, the small things, those I can do, and if many people do the small things it can add up to such huge things…..
• I can donate to charities that touch my heart
• I can be a mentor to others
• I can invest my time with worthy causes
• I can be nice to people I interact with
• I can work to be a positive influence on others and especially my children
• I can be open to new opportunities
• I can hold the door open for someone
• I can let someone in or out of the elevator before me
• I can let someone who looks stressed check out at stores before me
• I can stop judging people I see asking for food/money on streets
• I can get to know the people around me
• I can look to continue to learn and grow and know that I don’t know everything
• I can try to see other people’s side of things
• I can do so, so many small things
• I can say “good morning” to people
• I can smile when I answer the phone or talk to others
• I can look to value others for the differences we have
I know that each little, small thing adds up. Yet, doing nothing…. that, in my opinion, tears down versus builds up.
What do you think of this quote?
Have a super fantastic Thursday.